- 111 Views
- 0 Comments
A New Feature in Adobe Illustrator CC 2021 – Part 2 (Mirror Repeat)
In the previous post, I explained how to work with the Radial repeat – a new feature in Adobe Illustrator CC. The Mirror repeat feature can be very helpful in the process of creating a technical flat garment drawing. Let’s look how it works.
1. Bring a guide from the Ruler. Draw half of a garment on the left. Select this path with the Selection tool.
2. Create a mirror repeat by choosing the Object > Repeat > Mirror command.
3. You can save this file as a template by using the File > Save as command if you want. Any line or detail you draw on the left side of the garment will be reflected automatically.
4. You can copy garment details from your library. A sleeve, a pocket, half of a collar, and so on will reflect instantly. It is very convenient since you do not need to do any extra steps to visualize a garment drawing.
5. If you need to edit a path that you created before, double click on this path.
6. Choose the Object > Expand command to transform the mirror repeat into an editable vector object.
You can learn how to draw and modify technical garment illustrations in Adobe Illustrator by reading my e-textbook "The Craft of Garment Design with Adobe Illustrator".